A collection of useful links and resources. I’ll be adding to this over time. If you have any suggestions to add something you can contact me via twitter.
Shadergraph / URP
- Shadergraph Documentation – Includes an Introduction to Shadergraph and a Node Library which provides a brief description of what each node does and examples of the HLSL code each node generates.
- Custom Lighting in Shadergraph (LWRP/URP) – Includes how to obtain light information using custom nodes and an example of a toon shader.
- Universal Shader Examples – Examples of hlsl code shaders for URP
- Physically Based Example Shader Code (URP) – An example of a PBR shader, written in hlsl code, for the Universal RP.
shader/gamedev Tutorial Sites & Social Links
- Cyanilux Twitter – Me, in case you weren’t aware of my twitter already. 😅
- Official Unity Discord – Has channels for discussion & help with code, shaders and more.
- Catlike Coding Unity Tutorials
- The Book of Shaders
- Simon Schreibt’s Game Art Tips
- Inigo Quilez’s Articles – Articles on Graphics, Maths & Shaders (written in GLSL)
- Harry Alisavakis’ Blog/Site (and Twitter, also see Archive page for more useful links)
- Joyce [MinionsArt] Tutorials (and Twitter) – Code & Shadergraph
- Febucci’s Tutorials Site (and Twitter) – Code & Shadergraph
- Roystan’s Tutorials Site (and Twitter)
- Stelabouras’ Unity Library – Collection of useful Unity resources
Videos & YOUTUBE CHANNELS
- Makin’ Stuff Look Good Youtube
- Sebastian Lague Youtube – Has great Coding Adventure videos, Tutorials on procgen, pathfinding, blender, etc.
- ‘Introduction to the Lightweight Render Pipeline’ GDC 2019 Talk – Shows off Custom Renderers in the LWRP.
- Upgrading your existing project to Universal Render Pipeline (Unite Copenhagen) – Includes information about converting custom code shaders to be compatible with the URP, and a brief look at applying post processing via a custom Blit pass on the Custom Renderer.
- ‘Creating the Art of ABZÛ’ GDC 2017 Talk – Shows off a method of animating fish (and other sea creatures) using vertex displacement shaders and blend shapes rather than bones.